Potato is one vegetable that is everybody's favorite. I have never met a person who doesn't like potatoes and they obviously taste good cooked in a any form.
I usually make this as a side dish with rasam or sambar. Addition of cilantro and red pepper falkes make this dish vibrant and colorful.
The picture was taken before adding cilantro. The kiddo doesn't like the cilantro, so I had to add after she was done eating.
- Potatoes: 4(medium sized)
- Onions: 1(medium sized)
- Green onions: 3
- Red Pepper Flakes: 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Cilantro(chopped): 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 4
- Hing: a pinch
- Wash the potatoes, peel them and dice them into small cubes and add them to a bowl of water and set them aside.
- Finely chop the onions and set them aside.
- Add oil to a pan and when the oil is heated, add the tempering ingredients and when the seeds start spluttering add the onions and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add the potatoes, sprinkle 1/4 cup of water on the potatoes, add slat, mix them well and cover the pan with a lid and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Now remove the lid stir the potatoes and fry them util they turn little crispy and are completely cooked.
- After the potatoes are completely cooked, adjust the salt and add the red pepper flakes, chopped cilantro and the green onions turn off the heat.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.
Note: This curry can be used as a sandwich stuffing too. I usually make sandwiches with the left over curry.