- Okra: 10
- Onion(large sized): 1/2
- Cilantro( chopped): 3 tbsp
- Ginger root: 1/2 inch piece
- Green chillies: 4
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves: 4
- Fresh shredded coconut: 2 tsp
- Urad dal: 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Make a paste of green chillies and ginger and set it aside.
- Cut the okra length wise into two slits to fill the stuffing.
- In a bowl add the chopped onions, green chillies paste, salt, chopped cilantro, shredded coconut, Curry leaves and mix well.
- Add oil to the pan and add the seasoning ingredients.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, stuff the okra with the onion mixture and drop them slowly into the oil.
- Cover with a lid and cook slowly on a low flame until the okra is completely cooked.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.