Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pomegranate Milkshake for Pinktober

October is national breast cancer awareness month. Everything turns pink in October.
From the flight crew wearing pink uniforms to football players wearing pink helmets and shoes- Everyone doing their part for the breast cancer awareness.
I too have been thinking of doing(cooking) something pink for pinktober in honor of all those who suffered/suffering from breast cancer. All the recipes I could think of were sweets/desserts and I am not a sweet person and I wanted to post something healthy and not loaded with calories and sugars.
Yesterday, when I was opening the pomegranates, the idea of pomegranate milk shake struck me and I tried it immediately. I have heard about the pomegranate milk shake before, but this is the first time I am making or trying. However the color of the milk shake is not as pink as I wanted it to be. It turned out to be pale pink. May be I should have added some more seeds.

Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in women today and is the most common cancer among women. Many people have lost their loved ones to this dangerous disease.
Let's do our part in preventing this disease. It is important for women to catch the disease when it is still in early stage. Regular mammograms, together with monthly breast self-exams are the best ways for women to protect themselves.

Eat Healthy - Live Healthy

Pomegranate Milkshake

Ingredients:

  • Pomegranate seeds: 1 cup
  • Milk: 2 cups
  • Sugar or Honey : 4 tsp

Procedure:

  1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend for few minutes.
  2. Strain the milkshake through a strainer to remove the seeds.
  3. Serve chilled.
  4. Add fresh pomegranate seeds to the milk shake before serving.

5 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Such a cute and refreshing drink..feel like having rite now..

Soma said...

Of all the things I have done with the pomegranate, I never thought of a milk shake. Thanks for sharing and for a worthy cause. Love the shape of the glasses.

notyet100 said...

pic looks so fresh

Medifast Coupon said...

Oh I bet these milkshakes are good, I am going to have to go and get some pomegranate.

Michelle Lyons said...

mine came out purple and tasted more bland then I thought. Needless to say I still drank it pretty fast and did not need to strain!

Post a Comment

Member of

Related Posts with Thumbnails