- Kidney Beans: 1 cup
- Onions(Finely chopped): 3/4 cup
- Tomatoes(finely chopped): 3/4 cup
- salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
- Aamchur Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 3 tbsp
- Cilantro(finely chopped): 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi: 1 tsp
- Soak the kidney beans in water overnight and pressure cook them until you get 7-8 whistles.
- Add little salt to the water when cooking the kidney beans in the pressure cooker.
- The kidney beans should be thoroughly cooked but they should not become mashed.
- Add oil to pan and when the oil is heated add the cumin seeds.
- Then add the onions, ginger garlic paste and the turmeric powder.
- Cook the onions add little salt, until they become very soft and start oozing out oil. Now add the tomatoes and cook until the too become soft.
- Now add the cumin powder,coriander powder and aamchur powder.
- Now add the pressure cooked kidney beans along with the water and mix well.
- Add the red chilli powder, kasuri methi and adjust the salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with hot steamed rice or roti.
You can add small amounts of the spices - garam masala, coriander powder and cumin powder to the water when cooking the beans in the pressure cooker.