If a recipe is simple, requires less cutting and cleaning and can be done in 10 minutes, who doesn't want to try it. I love super fast recipes. I hate cutting and cleaning as much as I like cooking.
When it is raining and you are in a mood for some spicy tangy food and you are lazy to cook, here is a simple recipe for you.
- Cauliflower florets: 2 cups
- Dhaniya(Coriander) powder: 1 1/2 tsp
- Jheera(Cumin) powder: 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric: 1 tsp
- Sal to taste
- Lime juice: 1/2 tsp
- Aamchur powder: 1/2 tsp( optional)
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Ground black pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Chopped Cilantro: 2 tbsp
- Rinse the cauliflower under water and cut it into small florets.
- Add oil to a pan and add turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, aamchur powder, red chilli powder, black pepper and fry for few seconds.
- Now add the cauliflower to the oil and gently mix them so that the spice mixture is evenly coated.
- Now add the salt and water and cover the pan with a lid and cook for few minutes until the cauliflower is cooked. Keep stirring in between. Add more water if required.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, remove the lid and fry until the water is evaporated.
- Add lime juice and adjust the salt.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or bread/roti.