Here is a simple corn curry that is very easy to make, tastes great with rotis or you can just eat it by itself like a side dish.
Sweet Corn: 1 cup
Onion ( Big sized)( finely chopped): 1
Milk: 3/4 cup
Salt as required
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves: 4
Green chillies: 2 (optional)
Red chillies( Broken): 2
Asoefetida( Hind): a pinch
- For the corn, I used the frozen yellow corn. You ca use canned or fresh corn too.
- Add oil to a pan and heat it. When the oil is heated, add all the seasoning ingredients in the order mentioned.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped onions and little salt.
- Cook until the unions become soft and translucent.
- Now add the corn and cook for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the salt.
- Add the milk and let the corn cook in the milk for 3-4 minutes and turn off the heat and set the pan aside for few minutes.
- The milk gets absorbed into the corn after few minutes and the curry becomes thick and ready to be served.
- Tastes great with rotis.