When summer hits it's stride and produce at it's peak, a simple salad can be magical.
This a simple pasta salad with orzo, cucumbers, onions and olives.
Orzo is rice shaped pasta. It looks just like long grains of rice and you can find in the pasta section of the grocery store.
Orzo pasta: 3/4 cup
Red onion(medium sized): 1
Blck olives: 1/2 cup
Pepper: 1 tsp
Salt as required
Olive oil: 4 tsp
Cilantro( finely chopped): 2 tbsp
Pesto sauce: 2 tbsp
Feta cheese: 2 tbsp
- Cook the orzo pasta just like regular pasta with water, a pinch of salt and a tsp of olive oil.
- When the pasta is soft drain the water and set it aside.
- Chop the onion, cucumber into small pieces. Slice the olives in to half.
- In a mixing bowl mix the pasta with cucumber, olives and onion.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the paste sauce and mix it with the pasta.
- Refrigerate the pasta for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese just before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro.