I love the pasta salads that you get in a deli. So decided to make this at home and searched on google for the deli style pasta salad recipe. Went through a couple of recipes and combined a few and the result is my Deli style pasta salad.
Cold salads right out of the fridge taste heavenly during summers. Pasta salads are so filling that they can be had like the main course rather than a side dish.
Rotini pasta( spiral shaped pasta): 1 cup
medium sized tomatoes: 2
Black olives(cut in half): 1/2 cup
Feta cheese(Crumbled): 2 tbsp
Chopped Cilantro: 2 tsp
Parmesan cheese: 1 tbsp
Sundried tomatoes in oil(drained and chopped): 6
Salt as required.
For the dressing:
Sun dried tomatoes in oil: 4
Red wine venigar: 2 tsp
Olive oil: 3 tbsp
Garlic: 1 clove diced
Cilantro: 1 tsp
Freshly ground pepper: 1/2 tsp
Parmesan cheese: 1 tsp
- Cook the pasta in water adding little salt and a splash of olive oil.
- Once the pasta is cooked,drain the water and set it aside to cool.
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend them.
- Place the pasta in a mixing bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, chopped sundried tomatoes and the feta cheese.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan and cilantro and mix well.
Variations: Actual pasta salad recipes require parsley instead of cilantro. I did not have parsley readily available so opted for cilantro.
I also reduced the cheese( both Feta and Parmesan) quantity compared to the actual recipes.