Beans fry is a quick fix meal when I run out of options or groceries or when I am just lazy to cook.
I usually buy green beans in bulk form cotco/sams, clean them and cut them into small pieces and store in the freezer.
That makes it even more easy to cook. No cutting/cleaning required. Just toss the veggies in oil and add the spices. Hardly takes 10 -15 minutes from start to finish.
- Green Beans( cut into small pieces): 2 cups
- Channa Dalia: 2 tbsp
- Salt as required.
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Broken Red Chillies: 2
- Curry leaves: 4
- Asoefetida(hing): a pinch
- Add oil to the pan and when the oil is heated, add the seasoning ingredients in the order mentioned.
- When the seeds start spluttering, add the chopped green beans and mix well.
- Fry them cover with a lid for few minutes.
- In a spice grinder, grind the channa dalia into fine powder and set it aside.
- Now, take off the lid and cook them for few more minutes until the beans are soft.
- now add the channa dalia powder to the beans and mix well.
- Add salt and red chilli powder.
- Serve with steamed rice.